NATOMAS UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT
MEAL PAYMENTS & CHARGE PROCEDURE
Online Payments: Paying for your student’s meals online provides parents an easy option. Depositing money into your student’s meal account couldn’t be easier. Online payments allow parents a user friendly, secure way to pay for student meals. Convenient payment methods include credit card, debit card and e-fund checks. Parents taking advantage of the online payment program can review student meal accounts, account balances and activity through myschoolbucks.com at any time. Please visit myschoolbucks.com to establish an account and have your student(s) school ID number handy.
Other Payment Options: If you do not wish to pay online, we encourage payments be made before school in the cafeteria to avoid slowing down service during lunch. Checks made payable to the student’s school, that include the student’s name and ID number, may be mailed to NUSD Food Service Department,1931 Arena Blvd., Sacramento, CA 95834. For assistance please call (916) 567-5472; office hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Returned Checks: Please be aware that a $20 fee is charged for each returned check, and that check writing privileges will be suspended until the charges are cleared.
We realize there are times when children forget to bring lunch money or funds in meal accounts run out. As a courtesy to you, the following procedures have been established to notify families when students charge a meal.
ELEMENTARY SCHOOLS & HERON K-8
In the event that a student has depleted the funds in their meal account, they will be allowed limited charge privileges as follows:
· First & second meal charge(s)
o Student will be served a meal. The amount will be charged to the students’ account. The student will receive a meal charge ticket at the register to take home and inform parents of this charge. Meal charge tickets will supply information on how to replenish the funds in the meal account.
· Third meal charge (Emergency Meal) – Occurs when student attempts to charge a third meal. Should it be necessary to supply a third meal, an emergency meal will be provided to the student. The emergency meal is a one-time meal consisting of a sandwich, milk and garden bar. Student’s will receive an emergency meal ticket (at the register) informing parents that the student received an emergency meal.
· Students that bring lunch from home may purchase milk or juice. Milk and juice are not free. Parents may prepay funds to their students’ accounts for the purchase of milk and juice.
Payment Plans – Families with special circumstances may contact the Food Service Department at (916) 567-5472 to establish a convenient payment plan.
ADULT MEAL ACCOUNTS: Adults are not allowed to charge. Adults/staff may take advantage of the on-line payment service with myschoolbucks.com or prepay directly to the cafeteria at your school site.
Secondary school students are of an age to plan ahead and manage for their meal payments, therefore, no charging will be allowed at the secondary level. Should a student deplete the funds in his/her meal account at a secondary school, the student will be offered an emergency meal as a one-time meal consisting of a sandwich, milk and garden bar.
· Charges are not allowed for milk, juice or ala-carte items.*
· Secondary students are required to clear charges before getting ala-carte items.
*If students have personal money or money on account, they can purchase ala-carte items when they choose.