Attendance Office: 916 641 4960, ext. 3032
High School has high-quality staff members who work very hard to provide each
student a rigorous curriculum, personalized attention as well as fun and
exciting co/extra-curricular activities.
it is each student’s responsibility to attend each of his/her classes every day
on time. The primary consideration is to receive a quality education. All
studies regarding student attendance point toward the same result, “Good
attendance has a strong correlation with student performance!”
Parents / guardians, please notify the attendance technician, Nena Cortez, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 916-641-4960 extension 3032 to clear all absences. Please include the following information:
legal name (please print name clearly)
The day(s) and
date(s) of absence(s)
Reason for the
name and the relationship to the student
Home and work
All absences not cleared within 72 hours of the students return will be considered a truancy.
will be given make-up work for excused absences. Students are required to turn
in all make-up work within 48 hours after each day of an excused absence. Please be aware that not all absences will be excused. Below are the 8 reasons for an excused absence:
The Education Code lists the following as the only legal excuses for absences from school:
- Personal Illness: The school may require certification from a doctor if it is deemed advisable. (After 5 or more days of absence due to illness, a note from a doctor is required)
- Quarantine in the Home: An absence arising from this condition is limited to the length of quarantine as fixed by county or city health officer.
- Death of a Relative: For the purpose of attending the funeral services of a member of the immediate family. One day for in state, and three days for out of state.
- Medical Appointment: Services rendered include medical, dental, optometry or chiropractic. Any student absence due to a doctor or dental appointment must be cleared with written proof of the appointment from the doctor or dental office.
- School Activity
- In School Suspension
- Jury Duty/Court Appearance
- Short Term Independent Study
Natomas High School is a
closed campus, which means that students are
not permitted to leave school once the school day has started. Students
who leave campus without permission will receive truancies for the periods
missed and may receive a home suspension for a period of 1 to 5 days of
depending upon the severity of the offense.
Appointments: To leave the school during class time or between
classes, a student should bring a note from the parent/guardian, prior to the
beginning of the school day, stating the reason for leaving and the time to be
dismissed from school (or school staff must be able to reach the
parent/guardian by phone in order to secure permission to leave school).
Illness at School: Check out with the Attendance Office; the school will
call home to obtain permission for the student to leave. The student will
remain at school until a parent/guardian is contacted to take responsibility
for the student. Students must obtain a pass from their teacher to make this
call from the Administration Office.
Students who leave campus
without obtaining clearance as described above will receive a “cut” for each